We all have them. Those to-do lists that we plan out for ourselves. Because I am a teacher, summertime is a time for to-do lists for me. Yes, I am teaching summer school right now, but I still have time in the afternoon to do a little something. 😉 And with the prospect of grandkids this summer, I have a few things I would like to get done before they come.
- First things first, I have to get Tater’s quilt done. (See earlier embarrassing post.) I am so excited because I just ordered a fat square bundle for his quilt. I thought I would just use all the flannel plaids I have collected over the years, but when I talked with him about it, I could tell (even though he was totally agreeable) that he wasn’t excited about it. I want to make a quilt for him that he will love as much as the first one I made, so… I ordered a fat bundle from HeartSong Quilts. My thinking? He loves… and I mean LOVES! platypuses. I have never seen a kid know so much about a topic. And because he loves platypuses, he also loves all things Australian and Aboriginal. HeartSong Quilts had just what I was looking for and I can’t wait for them to arrive! My plan is to piece the quilt together, and then appliqué (Thanks to this tutorial by Sew like my mom) a platypus on the front like I did the bear so long ago. I’m working it out in my mind, and just can’t wait to get started!
- Next on my to-do list are outfits and toys for Monkey and Cupcake. I always like to have something special for them when they arrive and this year is going to be no exception. Got to get ahold of their mom and find out their current sizes. This year, the new edition will also need something special… been thinking about that a lot. Thinking about a car roll for Monkey, but not sure about Cupcake yet… Here’s an idea for the car roll that I found on Etsy at mylittlepoppyseed. She makes them to order and they are so cute!
- Gotta make some shirts for me. I found this tutorial on My Gramma Said that I love and now that I have a dress form it will be much easier to make things that fit just right.
- Gotta keep building up that inventory for my Etsy store. Right now I am just working on crochet patterns, but I am hoping to add a plethora of hats soon.
- And last but not least… I have this photo shoot that has been a brewing to update my Etsy account and my blog. I know this great photographer that is pushing my talents where they have never gone before. Let’s hope that I can do what she thinks I can. 😉 The photo below is just one of her amazing photo’s that she has taken. To see more of her great work, visit ansjebphotography.
So… now that I have shared my to-do list, what do you have planned for the summer?
Enjoy the Dance ;D